DCMHCA is proud to be serving professional counselors in the District of Columbia since 1985!
We are now accepting membership applications!
For the Fall 2014 Conference and future workshops please let us know....
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you're willing to serve on the Program/Conference Planning Committee
- If you're interested in presenting at a future conference or workshop.
- Topics for future workshops/conferences/webinars
URGENT Legislative issues posted.
Read about LPC's as Medicare Providers Click here to read
The Mission of DCMHCA
The District of Columbia Mental Health Counselors Association (DCMHCA) was founded in 1984 and was chartered as a state branch of the American Mental Health Counselors Association in 1985. It is the only organization solely dedicated to meeting the professional needs and interests of mental health counselors in the District of Columbia.
The Purpose of DCMHCA
- To unite the interests and efforts of mental health counselors in the District of Columbia.
- To encourage, support, and promote the development of professional mental health counseling in the District of Columbia.
- To provide a communication and information network for practicing mental health counselors.
- To increase the visibility and public awareness of mental health counselors in our nation's capital.
- To serve as a liaison for academic and professional mental health activities.
The Goals of DCMHCA
- To support legislative activities which benefit the consumer of mental health counseling services.
- To promote professional and ethical standards for counselors in the District of Columbia.
- To advocate for the portability of counselor licensure between states.
- To achieve reimbursement for LPCs under Medicare, Medicaid, and TRICARE programs.
- To obtain parity for LPCs as mental health providers under HMO and other health insurance plans.
Website Design and Hosting by Provisions Consulting- Association Specialists