We are now accepting membership applications!
Paper Based Membership application - Click here
Online Membership application - Click here
See below for the two payment options - paypal or check
The Benefits of Membership in DCMHCA
- Bi-annual newsletter with information relevant to the profession and to your clinical practice.
- Reduced registration fees for professional growth and development meetings, luncheons, and workshops.
- Opportunities to obtain NBCC credit hours for certification and licensure.
- Networking with other mental health professionals in the District of Columbia.
- Legislative advocacy.
- Access to selected information and legislative updates from the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
- Free listing on the DCMHCA website referral directory, accessible by other clinicians as well as the general public.
- Subscription to the DCMHCA listserv. This electronic communication provides members with networking opportunities, job postings, announcements on professional development events, and a forum for members to consult with each other on professional issues.
- Practice Marketing Services including website design and hosting.
- Insurance services - Health, Life, Disability, and Long Term Care including Medicare supplements
- Free listing in the national online Find A Counselor Directory offered through Provisions Consulting.
Types of Memberships
There are two types of memberships in the Association. All forms of membership entitle a person to vote and hold office.
1) Professional Member - $50
Applicants meet the standards for entry-level professional recognition as a counselor, in that a master's degree or higher has been obtained in counseling or a closely related field. In addition, an applicant's primary interests and work-related responsibilities are in the area of mental health counseling.
2) Student/Retiree Member - $30
Any student at the college level having interests in the area of mental health counseling shall be eligible to become a student member of the Association for a period not to exceed three years.
3) DCMHCA is pleased to offer you the unified dues option with AMHCA. Click here to learn more
If you'd like to pay by check, please send it to:
DCMHCA c/o Dr. Camille Clay
4014 Georgia Ave
Washington DC 20011
Make checks payable to DCMHCA
Join DCMHCA's Listserv
Click here to send an email request to join DCMHCA's listserve. In the text (NOT the subject header) of the e-mail, please write the following:
subscribe Name-of-the-list Your-First-Name Your-Last-Name e.g.: subscribe DCMHCA Mary A. Jones
You should receive a confirmation email, from hermes.gwu.edu, shortly after sending this message.
District of Columbia Mental Health Counselors Association